Bridging the digital divide! We aim to inspire young men and women to reach for the skies in ICTs in a safe and healthy environment. P.O. Box 309 Bamenda, Republic of CameroonEmail:corneliustawong@gmail.com

Nouveauté: Cliquez Pour Traduire Mon Blog En Français

Saturday 7 March 2015

Money (riches, wealth etc) Money cometh



I prophesy riches to you in Jesus’ name! Only believe all things are possible. Amen! Do you believe? If not what do you think bring riches? For the unbelieving what brings riches is hard work. I used to think like this and I admired the Bamilike musician’s song titled “la vrai magie ce le travail” i.e. the true magic is work. A lazy man is very complicated… My uncle played this song in his car when we travelled most often. I fell in love with this song and played it often times. I had believed that riches come as a result of hard work. Now hear what most young English speaking Cameroonians in pidgin will ask one of theirs who becomes rich. “Your money don came?” if it is hard work that brings riches I think they would put it this way “Your don work hard soteh your money came?” but I have never heard the latter. Hard work leads to success. But when success comes why are these youths only asking “your success or money don came?”  and not “your hard work don bring your success or money?”
When talking with a friend he questioned “Coni do you think it is hard work that makes one rich?” I said yes but doubting my answer.  I tried to look at the book of life and what it says. You see the bible says those who do not work should not eat. Now does God mean we work or rather work hard just to eat? He did not say it the other way round thus those who do not work should not be rich. I searched and didn’t see this one. So we work no matter how hard just to eat? I meditated.
At this juncture my memory took me back to 1998 when I had my ‘A’ levels and moved to the city – Douala. I got a job and was working hard but would see my neighbours and friends idling and most often statements like “your money don came” though said in another way would come out from their conversations on success and money. “l’argent, ça va venir” “ca arrive” etc. This conversation was sparked by the news that the son of a Minister was first in a competitive entrance examination, he is said to be twenty five years and owns a company in France. His father uses state money on him and himself.
Coni Kongkobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Software