Bridging the digital divide! We aim to inspire young men and women to reach for the skies in ICTs in a safe and healthy environment. P.O. Box 309 Bamenda, Republic of CameroonEmail:corneliustawong@gmail.com

Nouveauté: Cliquez Pour Traduire Mon Blog En Français

Friday 13 February 2015

Children With The Third Eye Or Children Who ‘See’ Things



Once in form one, going for a weekend to the village, I proceeded straight to the village information board placed at the market entrance and Motor Park.
We cherished so much the few university graduates in those early days. Some of these graduates on vacation in the village during the summer holidays would write good literature and paste on the village information board at the market entrance. As I write this post, I remember vividly the stories and rumours about some of these graduates we once admired. In those days, their critical literature on the information board would condemn negative acts of authority and villagers in the whole village. News would spread like wild fire and the messengers of the authorities will come and destroy the post or take it off. Allegations were rife that the messenger took those satirical write-ups to the palace and ‘spoiled’ the ‘book’ of the graduates. Was there some truth in this spoiling or was it just ‘congosa’ in the village? I don’t know.
Today some twenty four years after our models and heroes (university graduates) who informed and criticize in the village – are they having the bright future we envisioned for them? Maybe they later learned that satire means death and vice versa and chose the other way round. They might have taken up other safer professions.
My good friend Nkeh Sutoh a twin, once told me that Tata Die (a handicapped fan of jujus) was handicapped by leprosy and when jujus went for a death celebration he would be despised during refreshment. Nkeh Sutoh said “Tata Die would dip his leprous fingers into the whole meat soup and when people lost taste and abandon he can then take advantage and eat.” Sutoh once told me “Coni talk too about other people’s crimes because even if you don’t talk, they will talk about yours when you commit one.”
I have to talk or shout about these crimes of those who take the cover of the Church. I know their own jujus are stronger than the jujus my friend told me Tata Die would follow. But my seal is the Holy Spirit. Allegations were rife that my heroes of those days ‘book’ or education was spoiled because of written criticism by jujus. But my own education was spoiled by people taking cover-up in the church which I refer to here as jujus. A friend told me, “I hate these Pentecostals”. I asked “why”? He said because they refused to mingle with other members of the traditional churches. I asked him “if you notice that in those places those in sheep clothing are wolves will you not run away for fear they will chop you?” I like fundamentalists – they don’t preach tolerance but would run away from evil. When you accept tolerance and condone with evil it soon take hold of you.
How do you know something is evil when the thing is not pointed or called by its name? I respect the ten commandments of computer ethics but writing to expose evil or simply speaking the truth will certainly offend someone. Expect life or death or what soever when you take a satirical mission.
After Mengla (of blessed memory) who lived near the church was victim in primary school being abused by a prelate and eventually became disabled and died. What does one having this information do? Fight back with the last drip of his blood before joining other many same victims of this cause.
The devourer reads all the posts on this weblog but he knows his time is short. He panics every time thinking his pretentious ‘good’ would be exposed which will certainly be. Nothing is hidden under the sun.
Now back to the village information board some twenty four years ago, Mpemchi as he was nicknamed approached me and invited me to the mission the next day. Meeting him next day we entered his red Suzuki car and drove to Ntunmbaw in Ndu Sub Division where he offered a bag of rice to a family. On our arrival he didn’t wait for his host to collect their gift from his car. He carried it himself to the host. These gestures and goodwill were his schemes just to cover up so people should not have the least suspicion of his crimes. To be continued. I am Coni T. Tawong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Software